Re: Please Review: Official IBM Public License

kragen@pobox.com (Kragen Sitaker) writes:

> So simply because the copyright on a piece of software is licensed
> under the IPL does not mean that the patents in it are licensed in
> DFSG-compliant ways; it seems to me that the patents could be licensed
> (by IBM) in ways that violate section 3 of the DFSG.

In my reading, the DFSG does not concern itself with hypothetical
patent licenses. No declaration from a free software author can
guarantee that there'll never be patent problems, so if the DFSG
were to require such guarantee Debian would suddenly fit nicely
on one floppy disk with room to spare.

--
Henning Makholm