Re: Qt 2.0 is out, with its new licence

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 02:08:09PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> http://www.troll.no/announce/qt-200.html
> http://www.troll.no/free-license.html
>
> So, can anyone who followed the discussion summarizes if it is free or not,
> now that it is the official licence?
>
> At first glance, I would say no, since it is not possible to modify Qt.

Sure it is.  That's the whole point of the new license vs. the old.
However, modified versions must remain distinguishable (the license uses the
word "seperate" which is rather ambiguous) from the original.  What
Debian does is perfectly acceptable, as would CVS, a patch file, or
providing both the original and modified versions, or probably just
providing information about the original and where to get it..

<dark> Culus: Building a five-meter-high replica of the Empire State
       Building with paperclips is impressive.  Doing it blindfolded is
       eleet.