Re: Qt 2.0 is out, with its new licence

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 14:08:09 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> http://www.troll.no/announce/qt-200.html
> http://www.troll.no/free-license.html

> So, can anyone who followed the discussion summarizes if it is free or not,
> now that it is the official licence?
>
> At first glance, I would say no, since it is not possible to modify Qt.

http://www.troll.no/free-license.html explicitly mentions
:This is the license of the version 1 series of Qt Free Edition.

Troll's webpages are inconsistent at the moment
(http://www.troll.no/announce/qt-200.html refers to http://www.troll.no/dl/
refers to http://www.troll.no/dl/qtfree-dl.html but that's partially about 1
and partially about 2) and thus confusing.

The 2.0 tarball has a doc/license.html which is the QPL
(http://www.troll.no/qpl/) which is DFSG-free.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch