Is it illegal to distribute Linux kernel? KDE precedent.

Hello, we all know that Debian has unanimously decided that it is illegal
to distribute KDE.  If Debian is to be fair and consistent, I am afraid
this means Debian must stop distributing the Linux kernel.

Much of the Linux kernel is GPL'ed, however parts of it is under the BSD
license.  The BSD license adds an additional restriction that is not
acceptable under the GPL terms.  This restriction is in the third clause:

  3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
     must display the following acknowledgement:
       This product includes software developed by the University of
       California, Berkeley and its contributors.

Conclusion: Debian may not distribute the Linux kernel under the terms of
the GPL.