XForms GPL exception...

I'm writing the author of xfmix to request an exception for xforms, but
I'm not clear on a point of our suggested exception.

+ You may link this software with XForms (Copyright (C) by T.C. Zhao and
+ Mark Overmars) and distribute the resulting binary, under the
+ restrictions in clause 3 of the GPL, even though the resulting binary is
+ not, as a whole, covered by the GPL. (You still need a separate license
+ to do so from the owner(s) of the copyright for XForms, however).  If a
+ derivative no longer requires XForms, you may use the unsupplemented GPL
+ as its license by deleting this paragraph and therefore removing this
+ exemption for XForms.

"(You still need a separate license to do so from the owner(s) of the
copyright for XForms, however)" seems to me to say that you need a
separate license from the xforms people to distribute the binary
regardless of the exception.  Is that right?  That would mean that we need
a separate license from the xforms people.
							- Tom