Re: NEdit Text Editor License for Review

James Mastros <james@rtweb.net> writes:

> Hm.  I kind of forgot that you can sue sombody in a Danish court for
> breaking an American-writ license.  In any case, the license clearly states
> that you cannot hold URA or the US Government accountable for damages yadda
> yadda yadda.  It does not assign these damages to another (IE you),

Yes it does. It assigns any damages to any user. It clearly states: if
you want to be The User in this contract, then you "shall indemnify
... the U.S. Government for all ... expenses ... arising from the
utilization of the software". It does not restrict the expenses it
talks about to expenses that are in some way related to MY utilization
of the software.

--
Henning Makholm