Re: 6 GPL'ed Packages that depend on XForms.

50 hours ago, I wrote:

> How about:
>
>     "You may link this software with XForms (Copyright (C) by
>     T.C. Zhao and Mark Overmars) and distribute the resulting
>     binary, under the restrictions in clause 3 of the GPL, even
>     though the resulting binary is not, as a whole, covered by
>     the GPL. (You still need a separate license to do so from the
>     owner(s) of the copyright for XForms, however).  If a
>     derivative no longer requires XForms, you may use the
>     unsupplemented GPL as its license by deleting this paragraph
>     and therefore removing this exemption for XForms.
>
> Too wordy?
> Thanks to all of you!

Since there were no comments on this, can I consider the above
satisfactory?

I intent to use this in 22 hours (tomorrow evening, New York
time) to repackage 3 upstream tar balls (it's a bit of work, as
the license goes in package READMEs and documentation, as well as
in the header of each .h and .c file).

If you have more objections, please state them now.

Thank you all for your collaboration on this issue.   will be
submitting bug reports on the 4 others Debian packages affected
by this issue.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada