Re: NEC Licence (Work of US Gov. Employees)

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> quotes Title 17:

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> wrote:
> But it is.  It says that you can't extend a copyright of your own to
> something that you didn't write.  It doesn't say that the preexisting
> material has to be copyrighted itself.

It says that you can't enlarge the scope, etc. of any copyright
protection in the prexisting material.

There is no copyright protection in the prexisting material, so I fail
to see how that paragraph is relevant.

--
Raul