Re: 6 GPL'ed Packages that depend on XForms.

Henning Makholm wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:
>
> > The only thing I'd add to John's paragraph is:
>
> >    "You may link this software with XForms (Copyright (c) by
> >   T.C. Zhao and Mark Overmars).  You are not required to include
> >   this paragraph in the license for derivatives of this
> >   software."
>
> I think such an amendment should also explicitly specify that I may
> distribute the resulting binary under the conditions in clause 3
> of the GPL.

You mean allow linking and explicitely allow distribution, right?
You don't mean invoking the major components bit do you?

As in:

   "You may link this software with XForms (Copyright (c) by
   T.C. Zhao and Mark Overmars) and distribute the resulting
   binary.  You are not required to include this paragraph in the
   license for derivatives of this software."

(Isn't that implied anyway?  The GPL covers modication and
distribution, not use.  Would it be a big deal if I _didn't_ add
that? I've already remade 3 source tar.gz with the 1st change...)

Thanks,
Peter