Re: 6 GPL'ed Packages that depend on XForms.

Brian Ristuccia writes:
> Any clause you add that will permit the use of xforms effectively enough
> for Debian to distribute it will probably open up the main program for
> exploitation.

In theory, perhaps.  In practice, I doubt that it will happen.  If you are
that paranoid you should hire a lawyer.

> The only useful part of my clause was the following: "If you choose not
> to excercise this option, you may distribute this software only under the
> terms of the GNU General Public License and may remove this paragraph."
> which I think should be a part of any paragraph that ammends the GNU GPL.

This appears to say that you must either link with XForms or remove the
paragraph granting the right to do so.  Try this:

  "You may link this software with XForms.  You are not required to include
  this paragraph in the license for derivatives of this software."
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)