Re: bzflag license

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 11:37:04 +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> 3. Redistribution and use of modified source and binary forms are
>    permitted provided that at least one of the following conditions are met:
>
>   A. Modifications are placed in the public domain or are
>      made available under this license, or permission to use
>      the modifications is granted to the Copyright Holder.

Fine so far. Though I'd suspect that the Copyright Holder really wants more
that just the permission to use (that wouldn't give her permission to
redistribute the modifications for instance).

>   B. Use of the modified version is restricted to within
>      the corporation or organization that made the modifications.

This violates DFSG #1/#3: the modified version cannot be redistributed
freely. Or if you will #5: it discriminates against people outside the
corporation or organization.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch