Re: LPPL again

My current take:

legal.txt requires that all files in manifest.txt be included in
the distribution (in debian terms: not necessarily in the same
package but on the same media, with an exception for floppies).

If we're not doing that then we shouldn't be distributting LPPL'd
code.

> Now, let's have a look at a recent texmf tree distributed with teTeX
> teTeX-texmf-0.9-990517.tar.gz
> prompt> find . -name manifest.txt
> ./doc/latex/base/manifest.txt
> ./doc/latex/mfnfss/manifest.txt
> ./doc/latex/tools/manifest.txt
> ./doc/latex/cyrillic/manifest.txt

Um, not exactly.

legal.txt indicates only one manifest.txt -- not all files named
manifest.txt.  Furthermore, it indicates that a proper manifest.txt
will list legal.txt...  so I think the pieces are seperable to
that degree.

--
Raul