Re: LPPL again

Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr> wrote:
> If you look into /usr/doc/texmf/latex/base/legal.txt.gz you read that
> all files listed in manifest.txt must be part of this distribution. If
> you look into this file, you see that all source files are listed. Then
> i deduce that teTeX can't be shipped without these sources.
> Am i wrong?

I don't know.. I don't have the originals and don't know the precise
language.

As you've stated it here the requirement is that the files be part
of the distribution -- now whether debian (say, slink) would be
conisdered a distribution or whether an individual package file
would be considered a distribution is a question I can't address...
I don't even know if it's relevant.

If you can point me at some specific part of debian, I can look
at its copyrights.  Otherwise, I don't know what to do about all
this ambiguity.

--
Raul