Re: [awansink@ke.com.au: Re: Isn't a kde version of abiword illegal?]

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 01:41:04AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> If you had the permission all along, why on earth are we having this
> conversation?

Because some people like to argue?  *sigh*

> Having said that, to include a Qt/KDE-enhanced/hacked Abiword in
> Debian, the copyright file must include an explicit statement from
> *all* Abiword copyright holders that the Abiword code may be linked
> against Qt (or Qt2 or anything else with a non-GPL-compatible
> license).  If Abiword is being cooperatively developed [as I believe
> it is], securing this permission is more complicated than simply
> asking AbiSource (you have to ask everyone who has submitted code to
> the project who has not assigned the rights to that code to
> AbiSource).

AFAIK this pretty much means from AbiSource at the moment, possibly a few
contributions from elsewhere but I'm not certain of that.  If there are
contributions which have not assigned Copyright to AbiSource, they will
need to be consulted.  As I've offered before, I will help with this if I
am asked to.

* lilo hereby declares OPN a virtual pain in the ass :)