Re: Forking and relicensing issues

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 11:12:57 -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> Ok, I have a program that I intend to fork and start maintaing myself.
> The Copyright file contains this information (program name changed to
> protect the innocent):

[BSD-style without ad clause]

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 16:07:00 -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > b) Better yet, can I replace it with the LGPL being as this is a library?
>
> No.  The closest you can come to that is to place your changes under the
> terms of the original license.

Erm, the original license allows you to choose BSD-style terms. Is there
really a conflict between these terms and the LGPL? If not, wouldn't it be a
possibility to say "I abide by the BSD-style terms, which allow me to
relicense work based on it under the LGPL"?

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch