Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being

first, IANAL, but I had one semester of business law.  Most of business law
deals with contracts.  Consideration does not have to be money.  Example from
class:  I contract with you that, if you don't drink for a year, I will give you
a ski trip.  Now, did i recieve consideration?  Yes, because it is assumed that
I "gain" something by your not drinking.
In terms of the GPL, the consideration I have always used is that I gain the
knowledge of any modifications you make, if you provide the software to anyone.
The consideration you gain is the ability to make said modifications.

Again, IANAL.

jeff smith