Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> The owner gets, if nothing else, publicity.  This is something that
> people pay big money for.

But that is not a legal part of the promise (you can copy my code if
you promise to be public about it), so I doubt it is legally relevant.

Obviously, having a *reason* to promise something is not enough to
bind you to the promise in common-law jurisdictions. (I deduce this
from the reasoning that nobody promises anything without having a
reason do to so, and if the reason itself is considered consideration,
the consideration theory would be meaningless).

--
Henning Makholm                   "The great secret, known to internists and
                         learned early in marriage by internists' wives, but