Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Henning Makholm wrote:
> > tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> > > All the owner can take back is the promise as it applies to new copies.

> > That is bad enough as it is.

> I think he meant `as it applies to new released versions'.

No, given what he wrote in the part I did not quote, it is obvious that
he means the promise attaches itself to a single physical copy of the
work - not to other perhaps identical copies it.

> Once GPLed, always GPLed.

Courts are seldom impressed with slogans if they contradict the existing
legal practise in the jurisdiction.

--
Henning Makholm