Re: fonts and patents

> .) Arphic Inc, a Taiwanese font company, has released four Chinese
>    TrueType fonts, two covering the GB character set, and the other
>    two having Big 5 character set.  The licence (which you can find
>    attached, justified to fit the screen better) is a slightly
>    modified GPL which fits better to fonts.

Yes, Arphic has sent me copies of these fonts to check compatibility with
Ghostscript.  They look OK so far, but I haven't had time to check them
carefully yet.

--

L. Peter Deutsch           |               Aladdin Enterprises
ghost@aladdin.com          | http://www.aladdin.com | 203 Santa Margarita Ave.