Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

>    You know, the typical EULA claptrap that attempts to circumvent the
> first sale doctrine and subsequent fair use.  There's no reason to make
> this pretense with the free software portion of the distribution.

I'm not a lawyer either and generally I don't like to wade into the specifics of such
issues so I'll forward this on to one. As a guess, perhaps the distinction is raised to
differentiate between the "Product" - "Corel Linux" and the "programs" included on the
disc. In some circumstances, there is a differentiation.

Erich Forler
Product Development Manager
Corel Linux

--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail