Re: Corel's apt frontend

Gavriel State <kf4548w2@umail.corel.com> writes:

> Regardless of whether or not the dynamic linkage is a violation, the header
> file used has (almost) nothing to do with it.

Nevertheless the inclusion of header files *is* the key point of an
often-heard argument that the dynamic linkage is a violation.

> A legal argument can be made that the relevant portions of header content
> are not protectable by copyright since they are essentially a 'compilation
> of facts'

I agree with that, but obviously not everybody else do.

--
Henning Makholm                       "You propose to avoid dying? I will be
                 interested to hear the method you plan for this endeavour."