Re: Corel's apt frontend

bruce@perens.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> The creation of non-GPL headers for the purpose of linking in a GPL library
> is a device created explicitly for the circumvention of the library's
> copyright, and would not protect you from being liable for infringement.

It could be done without even looking at the source of the GPLed
library and this way not doing anything looking like copying.

It would take some reverse engineering, wich I don't think the GPL
allows, but acording to danish laws[0] I don't care. Production of header
files is essential for cooperating with the library which allows me to
reverse engineer them.

Still talking danish laws: But I'm not sure I could distribute the
produced headers.

0) I know other countries has a like laws. Australia come to mind (old
   /. story)

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.