but it might be a good idea to cc the orginal author since I doubt he's a
member of the -legal list.

----- Forwarded message from Eldad <eldad@prime.elemental.co.il> -----

MBOX-Line: From eldad@prime.elemental.co.il Sat Aug 07 14:06:34 1999
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:53:07 +0200
From: Eldad <eldad@prime.elemental.co.il>
To: webmaster@debian.org
Subject: ircd license

this should probably not go to _you_ but i hope you can at least
forward it to the right people

using dselect I see that the ircd version for debian is undernet's.

however, i downloaded the source code, and one file (ircd/res.c)
contains the following comment:

/*
 * ircd/res.c (C)opyright 1992, 1993, 1994 Darren Reed. All rights reserved.
 * This file may not be distributed without the author's prior permission in
 * any shape or form.

Strange, huh? though the whole package claims to be GPL.
this also raises the question of multiple licenses in the same project -
if it is repeated for every file, it can be different in different files.
What do you think?

----- End forwarded message -----