Re: Fields of Endeavor (was Re: [Fwd: Intent to package: pm3])

From: Mike Goldman <whig@by.net>
> On the other hand, perhaps I do not wish for my software to be used by
> certain governments for "military" purposes - which are by definition
> "legal", yet just as clearly destructive. Must an author permit such
> military use for a license to be DFSG-free?

It would be kind of silly for you to restrict that, because it's not going
to prevent any military organization from using your software. In general
governments that are engaged in atrocity don't stop to respect your
copyright, and have nothing to fear from your prosecution. You just end up
with stuff like the "police of South Africa" restriction in the SPICE
license, which these days would apply against the exact opposite of the
people it was meant for.

	Thanks

	Bruce