Re: xforms exception for xmysqladmin needed?

** "Peter" == Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote:

Peter> That's not what I meant.  I meant that we ship a binary-only
Peter> package that does not contain sources.

A Debian package consists of the binary- and the source
package. Together, they form the version of a program we
distribute. So we do distribute xmysqladmin with full sources, just as
the license demands.

Peter> Now that I think of it some more, the xmysqladmin license says
Peter> that we must distribute it _with_ source (meaning that sources
Peter> must accompany the binary?) so it sounds like you might need a
Peter> /usr/doc/xmysqladmin/src directory tree to comply.

To this, I can not agree. We distribute xmysqladmin with the
sources. It doesn't say a user has to install them.

Peter> Do you not agree that we are breaking the license with a
Peter> binary-only package?  Perhaps my interpretation is wrong?

No, I do not agree. We do not distribute it without the sources.

I officialy seek a consensus and review from debian-legal about
this. If I don't get a official decision on this, or debian-legal
shows no interest in this (mails from Peter don't count in this) in
seven days, I will close with the report as a non-bug.

Peter, please don't take this personally, I just don't agree on this
legal interpretation, and I want an authorative decision, as this is a
release critical bug.

Ciao,
	Martin

[ Please Cc: me on further mail ]