Re: new rdist license

At 08:57 PM 7/18/99 -0400, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
>http://www.magnicomp.com/rdist/rdist-eu-license.shtml
>
>This license is weird. It prohibits non-free use, except for Linux
>distributions. I think this may violate DFSG #8.

It prohibits copying for a fee (with an exception for Linux), doesn't give
you the right of modification, or permit you to use it on a computer not
your own. No question in my mind, it's not free.
--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (alternately dvdeug@hotmail.com)
"I would weep, but my tears have been stolen; I would shout, but my voice