Re: Apache License & GPL

"bruce" == bruce  <bruce@perens.com> writes:

bruce> Debian's not really derived a product, they've just packaged
bruce> Apache's own offering.

Right, it was never my intention to create a separate "Debian Apache"
product.  Are there accepted guidelines for how far one can go with
patches?  (The 154k of Debian patches mainly add configuration magic
and extra modules -- very little Apache code is touched.)

bruce> The debian mods are things like installation scripts and don't
bruce> exist in the same address space as the Apache code.

Yup, thats how I meant it -- perhaps it could be worded clearer,
like "Unless otherwise note, this Debian packaging is release
under.."

		netgod

<Reed> It is important to note that the primary reason the Roman
       Empire fail is that they had no concept of zero... thus they
       could not test the success or failure of their C programs.