Re: bladeenc

Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> We should really have a Debian package header like
> Prohibited-By-Thought-Police-In: with a list of ISO country codes to prevent
> mirrors in non-free countries from picking up these packages if we know the
> software is prohibited there. Otherwise, I think the only other solution
> would be for mirror operators to take reposibility for omiting files they
> are not able to distribute (yuck).

Excuse me if this is a FAQ, but why isn't there such a header already?
It seems like many patent-blighted or crypto packages would be legal in
only some countries, and that non-US is too coarse a distinction.

--
 /\\\  Mincom | Martin Pool          | martinp@mincom.com
// \\\        | Software Engineer    | Phone: +61 7 3303-3333