Re: NEdit Text Editor License for Review

Mark Edel <edel@ltx.com> writes:

> I'm still a bit worried that it only implicitly allows modification
> and redistribution, and not explicitly.

The implicit permission to redistribute is probably OK, but I find it
hard to see even an implicit permission to modify.

> The User shall indemnify URA and the U.S. Government for all damages, costs
> or expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from the utilization of the
> software, including, but not limited to, the making, using, selling or
> exporting of products, processes or services derived from the
> Software.

So if I use the software, and the U.S. government use the software
independently of me and get themselves into trouble, they can sue me to
cover their expenses?

--
Henning Makholm