Re: LPPL again

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 05:35:33AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> I don't know much about LaTeX, but the tetex stuff I have installed
> on my system is GPLed.

Not true.  teTeX contains some GPL'd components, but it *also*
contains LaTeX.

> If we're talking about the same tetex then the LPPL has no
> jurisdiction there..

Wrong.  teTeX is a software distribution like Debian.  Does the GPL not have
any jurisdiction in Debian if we chose some other license?

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)