GPL linked with "other" licenses

As an aside, Im curious if we have any lawyers here on -legal?

What I really wanted to ask..  Is someone brave enough to write a
"position" statement that clearly shows Debian's position on linking GPL
programs with in compatible licensed libraries?

I should probably point to the relevent text in the GPL and explain in in
laymen terms what's going on.

Maybe even include the contents of that cute RH/Lawyer vs Debian/Lawyer
dialog (as an explantion of what to expect and why we chose the route we
chose, not as a dialog or a critism of RH).

I don't understand the issue, fully, myself but I'd like to put this sort
of explanation up in the "Why?" section of the web page.  It would give us
something to point people too, FAQ like.