WTEST license conditions

Please, would you tell me what you think about the conditions on wtest
(http://www.interlog.com/~bibhas/wtest/WTEST.html).

In the README to wtest, there is:

  COPYRIGHT

  This software adheres to the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.

  You can re-use portions of this software and create a modified
  version of the software only if the resultant work also adheres to
  GPL.

  COST

  The software is free for non-commercial use.

  If you decide to use this software to test a commercial web site
  please send a mail to bibhas@interlog.com.

That's all about the license terms, the actual (C++) source files
don't have a note on the author, nor a license plate nor a copyright
line.

I don't grok the implications of the second section, "COST". To my
understanding, licensing a work under the GPL implies acquiring the
right to use the software for whatever task without having to pay a
fee, be the use commercial or not.

>From your understanding: Would we be allowed to include this piece in
Debian (i.e. is it DFSG free) or is not not ?

	Gregor

--
| Gregor Hoffleit     admin MATHInet / contact HeidelNeXT |
| MAIL: Mathematisches Institut   PHONE: (49)6221 56-5771 |