Re: APSL 1.1

> According to Raul Miller:
> >
> > Chip Salzenberg <chip@perlsupport.com> wrote:
> > > First, IANAL. Second, it's not a copyright question, it's a patent
> > > 'contributory infringement' question. Third, IANAL. Thank you.
> >
> > In that case, Apple should simply state that they make no claims
> > that this license grants relief from patent claims by other agencies.

Chip Salzenberg <chip@perlsupport.com> wrote:
> Do you have a lawyer's professional opinion on that approach?

In a sense -- I'm modeling my recommendation on the architecture of the
GPL, which was prepared by a professional lawyer.

And, frankly, if the GPL isn't a viable example of a free software
license then there are no viable examples of a free software license,
and we might as well not pursue this discussion.

--
Raul