Re: [taupin@lps.u-psud.fr: Re: MusiXTeX T.75 on Debian GNU/Linux]

In article <[🔎] 19990417034927.B2354@lovelife.olvc.ab.ca>,
Anthony Fok  <foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> wrote:
>----- Forwarded message from Daniel TAUPIN <taupin@lps.u-psud.fr> -----
>Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:23:54 -0700
>From: Daniel TAUPIN <taupin@lps.u-psud.fr>
>To: Anthony Fok <foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
>    [Daniel Taupin:]
>> > Exact: MusiXTeX if freeware, you can give it, not sell it. But if
>> > included in another package you sell, no problem. But the cos with and
>> > withour MusiXTeX must be the same!

There's a giant hole in this.  Suppose I'm a hypothetical vendor of
5"-wide plastic coasters with holes in the centre (so you can hang them on
a hook or nail).  Hypothetically, for US$399.95, I'll ship you a coaster
that can be inserted into certain CD-ROM drives and, when mounted,
will appear to contain a file MusiXTeX.tar.gz, with some data in it.
For the same price, at your option, I'll ship you a coaster that when
used in the same way will appear to contain a file with the same name
but zero length.  Hypothetically, you can put any size beverage container
on both types of coaster.  They make great liners for the automatically
retractable cup holders that come with many desktop computers these days.
However, for reasons I won't disclose because they are marketing information
confidential to my hypothetical marketing business, I hypothetically
believe that I will ship many more units of the former type of coaster.

--
Zygo Blaxell, Linux Engineer, Corel Corporation, zygob@corel.ca (work),
zblaxell@furryterror.org (play).  It's my opinion, I tell you! Mine! All MINE!