Re: MusiXTeX's license

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> It pretty vague license, but it would be free beacause of this:

>   MusiXTeX may be included in further commercial packages, provided that no
>   fee is charged for MusiXTeX itself.

It sure would seem to violate the license if I paid someone for
monitoring the Debian archive and send me .debs when new versions of
MusiXTeX were uploaded, wouldn't it?

Hm, double-cheching with the DFSG, it seems that this restriction *is*
actually considered free. Is this intentional?

Ok, so my agent would have to include, e.g., hello_n.n-n.n.deb on each
of the disks they send me, to avoid charging for a program that must
not cost anything when distributed alone. This seems silly.

--
Henning Makholm