xmemos license, revised

Hello,

Today I received response from Gilbert Therrien, author of xmemos.  In
my mail to him, I expressed three possibilities to make xmemos DFSG-free
(GPL+explicit allowance to link against XForms, change license to e.g.
Artistic, or link against FLTK).  In his answer he mentioned "Debian is
a good thing", and he was positive about modifying the license.  He sent
me a new tarball, the README is attached to this message.  I would like
to hear your opinions, since I'm afraid that according to previous
debates on debian-devel and debian-legal, the proposed modification is
not clear enough.

  Fuji^

--
    .+'''+.         .+'''+.         .+'''+.         .+'''+.         .+''
 Kelemen Péter     /       \       /       \       /     fuji@cs.tut.fi

xmemos is a little notepad

It has been compiled and tested on Linux 2.0.28
with Xforms version 0.86.

The Makefile should need little modification before compilation.

You can find Xforms at: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms

To use xmemos

	- untar the tar file  : tar -xvzf xmemos-?.?.?.tar.gz
	- set the variables in the Makefile
	- compile xmemos : make
	- install xmemos : make install
        - create a .xmemos dir in your home directory : cd ~; mkdir .xmemos

Disclaimer:

This program is in ongoing development, thus it can have problems
(bugs) which I will correct as soon as I am aware of them and have
time. I assume no responsibility for loss of data or problems
associated with the supporting programs (Xforms and other
software) that may occur.

This version also has limitations. I'm sure you will find some :)
I welcome feedback for changes.  This is my first program using
Xforms.

The licence is public, free,
but you must give all the files when you distribute xmemos.
  See also the xforms licence.

Gilbert Therrien
gilbert@ican.net

PS: You can write to me in french or english.