Where to put a package to is under public domain?

Hi.

I am packaging a new library (cgraph) and searching the README file I found
this:

-*-
The Cgraph Library source code, examples, and documentation are in the public
domain. Utilities included in the utils* directories are not ours, and under
the distribution terms specified therein.
-*-

Can I put this library in main, since it it under public domain?

The utilities that the file refers, are to NeXT, so they are not going in the
binary distribution of the package, but what about the source? Should I remove
them from the source file as well? In case not, this is an extract of the
README from the utils:

-*-
open must only be distributed free of charges. (for other ways of
distribution you have to get my written consent) You are only allowed to
distribute unmodified copies of this software. You may distribute modified
copies if you unmistakably mark them as such. You are only allowed to
distribute this software in a bundle (compressed tar archive or any other
archiving/compressing method with similar purpose) including all files that
are part of this software package (open.m open.h open.1 open.info appopen.1
Makefile Makefile.postamble Makefile.preamble PB.project)
-*-

I don't think they can go in main, but in my opinion they go to /dev/null,
because they are not needed.

I intent to make available ASAP an unofficial .deb package, but in the
meanwhile you can check it out on
http://totoro.berkeley.edu/software/A_Cgraph.html

--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.