Re: The APSL and Export Controls

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Chip Salzenberg wrote:

> According to Jules Bean:
> > I understand your interpretation, Chip.
> > It's the interpretation I'd make, if I had my 'reasonably man' hat on.
>
> Well, since that's the standard that would apply in court, I feel I've
> made my point.

I regret to say that i have little confidence in that.

The standard which applies in court is that most eloquently defended by
the lawyers.  And, in general the more eloquent the lawyer, the more
expensive he is..

Anyway, Chip, you've conceded that the license 'doesn't really mean that'.
And that a 'reasonable man' wouldn't interpret it that way.

If this is the case, why don't you (try to) persuade Apple to adjust the
wording which makes the 'reasonable' explanation explicit?

Jules