multicol.sty to become DFSG-free

Anonymous <nobody@anon.olymp.org> writes to the debian-legal list:

> There is a multicol.sty new license (from the
> tools package of LaTeX).

> It's LaTeX license + some moral.

It seems DFSG free to me, as I found it at
  ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/macros/latex2e/required/tools/multicol.dtx

The commercial use clause has been replaced with a 'moral obligation'
that seems carefully phrased so as not to be legally binding, and even
leaves the precise amount of money ( >= 0 ) that is asked up to the
user.

I haven't been able to establish whether the new license clause has
propagated to the teTeX upstream yet. (In fact, the teTeX I can find
at ftp.dante.de is several release numbers BEHIND the release number
of the current debs. I'm lost).

I'm cc:ing to the tetex maintainer, because I doubt how much effort we
can expect from our anonymous informer. (Hmm, it suddenly occurs to me
that the informer may be anonymous because he's cracked ftp.dante.de
and changed the license himself. Better cc: Frank Mittelbach too. I'm
probably making a fool of myself now, but just in case...)

--
Henning Makholm