Re: Yet Another Free(?) License

Greg Stark writes:
> They've become so paranoid about completely imaginary legal liabilities
> that they're trying to release code under shrink-wrap licenses and call
> it "free". The very concept is laughable.
> So here's the latest, for the djvu reference library, I haven't even bothered
> to read it...

I have.  It isn't free, nor does AT&T claim that it is.

> ...but if the people who still enjoy legal-hacking....

I do not particularly enjoy "hacking law": I dislike the entire
"intellectual property" system.  I read licenses and comment on them
because I believe that it one of the ways I can contribute to Debian.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)