Re: APSL Hidden Nasty's

Jules writes:
> I checked with my local friendly software lawyer.  He said that minors
> can enter into copyright licenses - the key point being that a copyright
> license *gives* a right which the minor didn't have before (so he can't
> complain it's restricting him).

My thinking exactly.  I'm always happy to see my legal reasoning confirmed
by someone who actually knows what he is talking about.

Of course, this line of reasoning would not apply to proprietary licenses
such as the EULA that attempt to take away rights that you would have under
just copyright law.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)