Re: License determination

> > BaseSoftware is under GPL (GNU Public License).
> > Small addition to GPL
> >
> > You may not remove the Designed by Obsidian link from the logon
> > screen, bypass the logon screen, remove or hide links to the "About"
> > box or remove the original author details from the code. - - - Snip
> > - - -
> >
> >    My impulse (disclaimer: not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV:-)
> > is to agree with John and say it is non-free.

My first impulse was to classify this as another instance of the
whole KDE+non-free-Qt issue.  But it's not -- the GPL already says
that you can't remove copyright notices, and requires that copyright
notices be displayed when used interactively.

So this should probably just be taken as emphasizing this aspect of
the GPL.

It might be worth clarifying this with the authors, however (if they
mean to say that you can't take the underlying code and make a
non-interactive instance of the program, we need to talk with them).

--
Raul