Re: where is this licence going ?

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 13:01:23 +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > > Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions,
> > > including translations in other languages, of this manual under the
> > > conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulted work
> > > is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this
> > > one and if translated must be stated in a translation approuved by Mario
> > > Motta.
> >
> > I'd like to see the last sentence clarified.  Do all translations require
> > approval?  If not, what does it mean?
>
> In the FSF documentation copyright it unambiguously refers to the
> copyright/permission statement (translations of it require approval), not to
> the documentation itself.
>
> I see now that in this version it is ambiguous; I'd like to see it clarified
> too.
>
> Ray

Means that if copyright/permission statement is translated, translation
must be approuved. I apologyze for my bad english, let me know if
following more precise sentence can be suitable for.
" ...provided that the entire resulted work is distributed under the
terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Translated
permissione notice must be stated in a translation approuved by Mario
Motta."

regards

--
Mario Motta