Re: What is the licence of Debian-specific files (Was: Intent to package "vibrant" graphical library

Craig Sanders writes:
> copyright which is unable to be legally enforced, which is
> constitutionally invalid, is the same as no copyright.

US Goverment copyrights are not constitutionally invalid.  They are
unenforceable under US law by statute.  Congress could alter that at any
time.  I also see nothing that would prevent the US government from sueing
to enforce its copyrights under the laws of other nations.  How far they
would get depends on those laws, of course.

> a work that is public domain has no copyright.  a work that has no
> copyright is public domain.

And nothing you do can change that.