Re: Proposed Grail and JPython Licenses

Gregor Hoffleit writes:
> Can I summarize this as follows: The license looks DFSG-free and
> therefore ok for us apart from (4).

Yes.

> (7) sounds a little bit obfuscated, but in the end it only says something
> like "if you breach this license, we will try to tell you to stop
> breaching, and if you didn't stop, we will terminate the license", which
> sounds perfectly reasonable.

Yes.  It is also rather pointless in a free software license, but the
lawyers don't seem to quite have their heads around free software yet.
Does no harm, certainly.

> Regarding (4): If possible, I think this could be resolved by splitting
> the JPython license in two parts.

I believe Guido has said that he will put out a JPython release with
neither clause 4 nor OROmatcher.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)