Re: Proposed Grail and JPython Licenses

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 08:46:09AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> A note on clause 4 (about OROmatcher, a regular expression package
> for Java), which only applies to JPython.  I expect that this may be
> a show-stopper for Debian,

It is, for the main distribution.  The only thing that matters for the
non-free distribution is that the software must be distributable over
FTP, however.

> Let me know if this license works for Debian, and if not, what
> problems it has.

Otherwise it looks OK to me.  But the language is hard to read, at
least to a non-lawyer whose native language is not English, like me;
for example, it took several passes for me to even parse the first
clause.

        Antti-Juhani

EMACS, n.:       Emacs May Allow Customised Screwups
                                   (unknown origin)