Re: We distribute LyX?

Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Montreal Fri Jan 22 13:45:25 1999
>
> David Starner <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org> wrote:
> > I use LyX as my main word processor, and it's found in Contrib.
>
> Then why send this email?  It is only likely to start a long flame war
> with the potential result of having LyX removed from Contrib.  Is that
> what you want?

What I want is for Debian to hold to the principles it has set itself. I
feel LyX has some of the same problems as KDE, and that if there was
agreement on that, that the similar actions should be taken. I feel that
Debian-legal could discuss it rationally.

The only reason I included the first line was to make it clear what
LyX's place in Debian is and that I wasn't attacking it out of
maliciousness. If it comes down to that - where it gets removed from
contrib - I will write a polite email to the authors concerning the
license and download the code and compile it myself. I might also find
the time to convert LyX to a free toolkit like GTK or FLTK.
--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"Repent, Harlequin", said the Ticktock man.