Re: nasm license: is this DFSG free?

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 05:07:53PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 16:44:52 +0100, Juan Cespedes wrote:
> > 	Here's a copy of the license.  Any comments will be greatly
> > appreciated; the author is willing to change it if it doesn't meet our
> > needs.
>
> The nasm author(s) have said they'd release it under GPL; that would clear
> all problems. See the logs for #21945 .

	Not exactly.  I've been talking with the authors, and they
would prefer modifying their license than releasing it under the GPL.
They say that their license is less restrictive for developers than
the GPL.

	Anyway, the authors said that they could release the Software
under either the Nasm license or the GPL; I think that will be the
best choice.

--
Juan Cespedes