Re: nasm license: is this DFSG free?

Juan Cespedes writes:
> Here's a copy of the license.  Any comments will be greatly
> appreciated; the author is willing to change it if it doesn't meet our
> needs. (BTW: I think it's FDSG free):

I don't.  The author may have meant it to be free, but it is so poorly
drafted that it can only be interpreted as non-free.  It looks to me as if
the GPL would do for him what he has failed to accomplish with this.

You may want to explain to him that releasing nasm under the GPL would not
prevent him from selling proprietary licenses.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)