Re: IBM's Jikes Java Compiler

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>:
> > Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > >
> > > This license would pass DFSG, too, of course.
> >
> > Would pass? Did you forget a "not"?
>
> I'm not aware of any reason it wouldn't.  If you are, please enlighten me.

I haven't read the license, I was just going by what Jim Pick said, above. I
think that may make fail dfsg point 3. If I can't make a modification that
includes only say 50% of thier code and distibute it, it'd fail point 3.

But patents... the DFSG doesn't deal with patents.. so perhaps I'm wrong.

--
see shy jo